So you’re a CAD/CAM guy…You enjoy working with complex models and influencing the way a part is manufactured out in the shop. Speed, accuracy, and productivity are a few of the sharpest tools in your toolbox. If this description fits your personal style, then we’ve got the job for you.
Our talented CAD/CAM Engineers are responsible for planning and programming the machine contour-path machining of customer parts. You will be working with the best software packages and integrated systems available allowing you to be most productive.
Our ideal candidate has at least five years of CAD/CAM experience in a manufacturing environment and is able to read blue prints, understand drawings, and determine best methods for setting up and machining a part.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data of the part to determine dimensions and configuration of cuts
- Selection of cutting tools
- Determining machine speeds and feed rates
- Knowledge of machine shop processes, part specifications and machine capabilities
- Exercise discretion and judgement to produce the most efficient tool path
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths
- Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures
- Create setup sheets and tool sheets to guide setup and operation of machine
You will also need to have:
- Strong CAM experience for multi-axis machining
- CATIA and Vericut experience preferred but we’ll train with you
- Machining knowledge and strong programming fundamentals
- Theoretical and practical application of highly-specialized knowledge in computer systems, analysis, programming, and engineering
- Great attendance and a positive attitude
Major Tool & Machine offers great benefits to full time employees including: Medical, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401(k) + company match, Paid Time Off, educational assistance, and access to an on-site healthcare clinic and gym. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position in Indianapolis, Indiana. If this sounds like a position you’re interested in, please click the link below.