Accuracy and precision is the name of the game. We’re looking for someone who enjoys operating high-tech equipment to build mission critical components. Whether it’s running a vertical lathe or 5-axis mill, if you’re the kind of person who enjoys working on complex precision components, Major Tool & Machine is the perfect fit for you.
Our highly skilled machinists are responsible for applying their knowledge of machine shop theory, procedures, and mathematics to set-up and operate CNC equipment.
Our ideal candidate has at least five years of machining experience in a manufacturing environment and is able to read blue prints, understand drawings, and determine best methods for setting up and machining a part.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and specifications
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points for guides
- Properly select, align, and secure holding fixtures and cutting tools
- Calculate machining factors such as speeds, feeds, coolant flow, depth of cut
- Verify all machined details meet customer specifications
- Verify accuracy of machine settings, tooling, or programmed control data
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assembly
- Inspect dimensions and alignment of machined assemblies
- Monitor and maintain proper cleanliness of the machine and work areas
- Work with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
You will also need to have:
- A minimum of four years of trade school or,
- Vocational education or,
- Apprenticeship experience
- Experience with different material types and machining processes
- Great attendance and a positive attitude
Major Tool & Machine offers great benefits to full time employees including: Medical, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401(k) + company match, Paid Time Off, educational assistance, and access to an on-site healthcare clinic and gym. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position in Indianapolis, Indiana. If this sounds like a position you’re interested in, please click the link below.