Welding & Fabrication
Why would you go anywhere else? Our Welding Department has extensive experience with a vast array of materials ranging from high nickel alloys and stainless steel to carbon steels, aluminum, and titanium. Combine this experience with our talented welders and state-of-the-art equipment and we can satisfy all of your requirements.
Major Tool & Machine employs over 60 certified welders/welding operators, 8 American Welding Society (AWS) certified welding inspectors (SCWI / CWI / CAWI), and 4 welding engineers. Our Welding Department’s proficiency exceeds many industry standards including ASME, AWS, Military, and DIN.
We maintain over 200 welding procedures qualified in accordance with ASME Section IX. This results in quick access to a wealth of welding information and data for a wide variety of materials.
In 2005, Major Tool and Machine was faced with a difficult challenge: finding and training the best and brightest welders in Indiana. As a result of this challenge, we decided it was in the Company’s best interest to build our own in-house, weld development and training program. Over the past several years, we’ve proudly held numerous training classes and successfully trained dozens of current employees.
The key message to our employees and customers is: We want to invest in your success. MTM is a company where our People make the Major difference.
As Major Tool & Machine grew, so did our need for additional training space. In April of 2014, we opened our all-new Training & Development center within our 4U Building on our Indianapolis campus. We just completed our first training program in the new facility and we’re already filling slots for several more!
With eight individual weld stations, each employee has the opportunity to get personalized training with our experienced instructor. Some of our standard welding curriculum include:
After graduating from our training program, you will gain hands-on experience working alongside our most experienced welders on challenging projects. We have a limited number of spaces available and, seats are filling up fast! We welcome you to join the Major Tool & Machine family and learn what it takes to become a highly skilled welder and fabricator!
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Pulsed gas metal arc welding (GMAW-P)
- Pulsed gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW-P)
- Flux cored arc welding (FCAW)
- Submerged arc welding (SAW)
- Plasma arc welding (PAW)
- Laser beam welding (LBW)
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Arc stud welding (SW)
- Oxyfuel gas cutting (OFC)
- Plasma arc cutting (PAC)
- Air carbon arc cutting / gouging (CAC-A)
- Laser beam cutting (LBC)
- NPT – Stamp
– Class 1, 2, 3, CS, MC, TC & CS Fabrication without design responsibility.
- N – Stamp
– Class 1, 2, 3, & MC – Vessels
– Class 1, 2, 3 – Piping Systems
– Class 2 & 3 – Storage Tanks
- N3 – Stamp
– Class TC Transportation Containments & Class CS Storage Containments
- NS – Stamp
– Class 1, 2, 3 & MC Fabrication of Supports without design responsibility
- Carbon, Stainless, Titanium, Aluminum Alloys
- Welding with or without Shielding Gas
Pandjiris – Submerged Arc Cell
- 14 ft Stroke, 360° Power Rotation
- Custom Triple Arc Weld Torch Assembly
- Automatic Seam Tracker
- 3 Lincoln K2344-2 Power Wave AC/DC 1000 Amp Power Source
- 21 Total, Weld Positioners (Contact Us for More Information)
- Capacity up to 50,000 lbs.
- Automatic Tilt & Rotate Configuration
- Six Sets Turning Rolls
- 30 – Ton Capacity
- Pipe Diameter Range 12 in to 16 ft