We’re looking for our next manufacturing engineer but not just anyone will do. The key to this role is supporting the manufacturing process by helping to improve quality, reduce costs, streamline processes, and drive safety and performance.
Our ideal candidate has a post-secondary education in an engineering field and five or more years of experience with CNC machining. Must be able to act as a liaison between the manufacturing shop and engineering departments. You will be accountable for understanding manufacturing functions, developing and implementing process improvements, creating manufacturing work instructions and understanding quality assurance inspection methods.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Define and react to problems concerning quality, cost, delivery, and safety
- Define and standardize operating procedures
- Research non-conformances for root cause and implement corrective action
- Lead continuous improvement activities
- Assist in training operators in new procedures
- Develop fixtures/jigs to be used in the manufacturing process
- Coordinate area layout and material handling methods
- Coordinate activities of process engineers, tooling engineers, weld engineers, and programmers to ensure successful new product introduction
You will also need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred
- Intermediate computer skills with experience in AutoCAD, Inventor, or Catia
- Five or more years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Great attendance and a positive attitude
Major Tool & Machine offers job security and great benefits to full time employees including: Medical, dental plans, and vision plan, life and disability insurance programs, 401(k) + company match, Paid Time Off, educational assistance, and access to an on-site healthcare clinic and gym. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position in Indianapolis, Indiana. If this sounds like a position you’re interested in, please click the link below.