We’re on the hunt for our next Process Engineer, but not everyone fits the bill.
We want someone who can review all customer requirements, create a plan, and deliver the final product to the customer on time and on budget. Our process engineers translate customer requirements into work order material requirements and manufacturing instructions for the entire organization. It’s a big deal.
As a process engineer, you’ll work in a team environment and interact closely with our machinists, welders, programmers, and manufacturing engineers to develop the best methods and techniques for producing our customer’s product.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Conduct contract reviews of technical requirements
- Complete quality planning for projects
- Work in a team environment
- Maintain part hierarchy and drawing revision documentation
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, material and subcontract
- Complete disposition, root cause analysis, and corrective actions as necessary for all non-conformances
- Create fixture and process drawings as necessary
- Review and disposition engineering change requests
- Conduct job release and post job review meetings
- Participate in performance improvement activities with manufacturing personnel
- Review customer change requests and evaluate cost and delivery impact
- Timely completion of quotations
- Follow standard operating procedures
You will also need to have:
- S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology or related engineering field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience or 7 years comparable manufacturing engineering experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor
- Great attendance and a positive attitude
Major Tool & Machine offers great benefits to full time employees including: Medical, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401(k) + company match, Paid Time Off, educational assistance, and access to an on-site healthcare clinic and gym. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position in Indianapolis, Indiana. If this sounds like a position you’re interested in, please click the link below.