Welder / Fabricator
As the old saying goes; measure twice, cut once. That’s the approach our highly trained welders and fabricators take while working on some of the toughest projects in the industry. Welding is a skill that requires precision, accuracy, and quality. If those are some of the traits that fit you, then you’ve come to the right place. At Major Tool & Machine, we’re looking for the best and brightest welders and fabricators around.
Our highly skilled welders are responsible for fabricating, welding, and assembly of components specified by our customers and engineering teams. You will have the ability to learn and use many different welding processes such as GMAW, SAW, GTAW and work with a variety of different types to materials.
Our ideal candidate has at least five years of experience of welding or fabricating in a manufacturing environment and is able to read drawings, blue prints, understand and utilize various welding techniques, and is able to follow code related requirements.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings and specifications
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points for guides
- Use precision measuring instruments
- Operate hand tools and other shop equipment such as grinders, positioners, turn-rolls, etc.
- Perform the lay out, fit-up and assembly of weldments
- Weld multiple materials utilizing numerous weld processes
- Perform material handling functions using fork trucks, overhead cranes, etc
- Monitor and maintain proper cleanliness of machines and work area
- Communicate with co-workers and team leaders
You will also need to have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year trade school or, vocational education, or apprenticeship is preferred but not required
- Great attendance and a positive attitude
Major Tool & Machine offers great benefits to full time employees including: Medical, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401(k) + company match, Paid Time Off, educational assistance, and access to an on-site healthcare clinic and gym. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position in Indianapolis, Indiana. If this sounds like a position you’re interested in, please click the link below.