Let’s face it; you’re the type of person who can fix just about anything. You enjoy getting to the root cause of a problem by tearing things apart, assessing the situation, and putting the pieces back together. If your’re not afraid to get your hands dirty and are willing to work on some of the largest equipment in the country, Major Tool & Machine is the perfect fit for you.
Our ideal candidate has one to five years of hands-on experience in industrial maintenance and has formal training in the use of CNC controls, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical trades.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain equipment including CNC machine tools, bridge cranes, jib cranes, PIV Equipment, plant air systems, lighting, and HVAC systems
- Complete repairs to fabrication equipment such as hand tools, positioners, welders, and sandblast equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues
- Assess machine faults and failures, recommending and implementing improvements
- Insure proper inventory and supply levels are maintained for routine maintenance
- Order parts and maintain necessary documents
- Provide assistance to fellow team members on repairs as assigned
- Provide guidance and training to all maintenance personnel if requested
- Provide technical assistance to other departments as needed
YOU ALSO NEED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, vocational education or trade school preferred
- Experience in industrial maintenance
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Formal training of industrial blueprint/drawing reading and interpretation
- Understanding of industrial safety laws, codes, and practices
- Comprehension of hydraulics, pneumatics, lubrication, and mechanical drives
- Good understanding of industrial electronics, PLC experience (Siemens, Fanuc, and Allen-Bradly) and CNC theory
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting electrical ladder logic diagrams and electrical schematics
- Self-motivating, results driven with great attendance, and a positive attitude
- Experience with machining or welding is a plus
- Experience with robotics (ABB or Yaskawa Motoman) is a plus
- Experience with laser alignment/ballbar systems (Renishaw or Faro) and understanding of machine alignments/geometries is a plus
- Experience with using Microsoft Office, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
MTM offers great benefits to full time employees including:
Medical, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, 401(k) + company match, Paid Time Off, educational assistance, and access to an on-site healthcare clinic and gym. We offer job-specific training and advancement opportunities in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time position in Indianapolis, Indiana. If this sounds like a position you’re interested in, please click the link below.